I have worked with leading Australian and international organisations and business professionals for over a decade and a half. Doing so gave me a unique perspective of business operations in a range of industries, and an ability to identify stale institutionalised thinking and unproductive cultural roadblocks.
‘That’s how we’ve always done it,’ is not just my least favourite phrase in the world, but one of the most dangerous state of mind any organisation can ever encounter.
If you tell me ‘I have never failed at anything,’ I will tell you that you have never really taken any real risk, or stretched yourself by doing something truly unique.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.
Gloria Steinem, et al.
I am a first principles thinker with a strong, practical background in establishing, resourcing and managing project teams, facilitating diverse views and expectations, and cutting through distractions and organisational roadblocks, to achieve practical outcomes.
I am an advocate of strategic knowledge, project management, technology and social media integration.
As a senior professional I have hands-on experience in leading, training and mentoring employees, interacting with executive teams, building consensus, developing policies, managing cross-functional teams, and successfully planning, resourcing, and implementing projects to create common sense and successful business solutions.
A selection of articles I published over the years which explore a range of business issues:
- Innovation déjà vu (10 September 2016)
- Data mining mania (12 July 2016)
- Mary Meeker’s internet trends 2016 (13 June 2016)
- The Dallas Buyers Club copyright enforcement action fizzles out (18 December 2015)
- Are cognitive and analytical technologies about to truly revolutionise the legal industry? (11 October 2015)
- Entrepreneurship and technology disrupting the legal industry (8 October 2015)
- The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement is (almost) here (7 October 2015)
- Is Volkswagen a dead brand walking? (25 September 2015)
- Google’s French affair becomes unforgettable (23 September 2015)
- Australian government releases results of online copyright infringement research (24 July 2015)
- The last 15 minutes of your working day could be the most important (17 June 2015)
- Mary Meeker’s internet trends 2015 (30 May 2015)
- Sydney’s FinTech revolution (13 May 2015)
- Is data retention swallowing your legal professional privilege? (27 March 2015)
- The social conundrum (8 February 2015)
- ‘Social Media and the Law’ – a self-indulgent book review (9 October 2014)
- Knowledge and diversity (26 September 2014)
- A year of ‘horrors’ for Big Law and worse for knowledge professionals? (10 January 2014)
- A disconnect in the discussions about the future of law? (19 October 2013)
- Will the social media generation break down the final barrier for remote working? (1 October 2013)
- Google vs the ACCC (11 February 2013)
- The IT spring?! (7 October 2011)
- Security and mobile devices (24 January 2011)
- A story of envy, fascination, respect and inspiration … and of course an iPad (5 September 2010)
- Location-based everything (14 February 2010)
- Big business and social networking (22 November 2009)